Historical is a newly formed discipline which has the following charter.
To have a group of 4-5 members of the association interested in all phases of horse drawn vehicles in Australia
With the view of,
- Contributing to the establishment and ongoing development of an archival record of horse drawn vehicles in Australia.
- Encouraging clubs to gather and supply the panel with historical information from its members.
- Organising to see “collections” of carriages and carriage driving related material.
- Provide articles for the ACDS Journal and NSW Whip Around.
- To help members with unusual vehicles and equipment, gain expert identification from knowledgeable people.
- To have a facility for members to pass on historic publications for preservation.
- To periodically run schools on restoration – painting- lining – costumes act.
The following selection of vehicles belong to members and friends, and we have recorded there details and provenance. If you have a vehicle of interest to add to the records or wish to discuss any matter, please contact anyone of the above Historical Panel.